Backache is very common among people of all ages and gender across the world. It happens mainly because of poor diet and bad posture. It occurs when the flexibility of the spine is affected. Also, it can be the result of a spinal disc problem, injury to the ligaments around the spine, nerves emerging from the spinal cord, injury to muscles of the back, or diseases of the organs of the pelvis.
1. Massage the affected area gently with warm sesame oil and cover it with a cotton cloth. Avoid exposure to air or cold wind.
2. Have 2-3 teaspoons of psyllium husk with a glassful of hot milk at bedtime to ease constipation, which is one of the main causes of flatulence and vata aggravation.
3. One teaspoon of castor oil with a glass of milk at bedtime can pacify vata dosha.
4. Avoid having cold, stale, or fried foods, junk food and aerated and alcoholic beverages.
5. Have freshly prepared warm food and chew the food properly for better digestion, preventing constipation and flatulence.
6 Avoid excessive physical exertion and take complete rest.
7. Avoid sitting in one posture for long periods.
8. Do light exercises in the morning like walking, jogging or stretching.
Share this Post: