Oats soup ideal for all
(Oats congee, oats porridge)
Oats soup is simple to make and serves as a healthy meal. The soup can be served with a slice of bread or as an appetizer. It is good for people of all ages and for patients
Oats - 1 cup
Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Green chilly - 1 (finely chopped) Garlic - 1 clove (minced)
Salt - to taste
Pepper powder - a pinch
Water- 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Oil - 2 table spoon
Coriander leaves - for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion, green chilly and garlic till they begin to sweat.
- Now add the oats and fry along with it for two minutes.
- Add salt and water and let it come to a boil.
- Now add the milk and pepper powder to it and bring to a boil.
- Garnish the rich and creamy oats soup with coriander leaves or green onions. Serve hot with a slice of bread.
- You can add some finely chopped vegetables to the soup like carrots, green peas, etc.
- You can also add a pinch of garam masala or cumin powder to make the soup more flavourful.
Share this Post: